We’ve got school bake sales and cookie plates a-plenty this week. Time for a new [old] cookie recipe! This is a fresh take on a favourite cookie of ours…. A chocolate cookie exploding with chips and bits of Andes Mint. And, a recipe that’s nut free and easily doubled! What could be better than Double Chocolate Cookies with Andes Mints?
HO! HO! HO!
Double Chocolate Cookies with Andes Mints
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips [1 for melting into the dough at first 1 for adding into the dough at the end]
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped fine
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Andes Mints [we used 2 1/2 small 71gram packages]
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpats.
- In a high-heat-friendly glass bowl set over a pot of gently boiling water, melt the butter, 1/2 of the chocolate chips and the chopped unsweetened chocolate.
- Set the bowl aside to cool, or transfer the melted mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
- The mixture will look grainy.
- Once the batter is no longer hot to the touch, add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- The mixture will begin to shine.
- Using a spatula, incorporate your additional chocolate chips and the chopped Andes Mints.
- Using a tablespoon, dollop your coookie dough onto the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookie is shiny but not dark or wet towards the middle. The cookies will still be soft to the touch, though. So, don’t over bake!
- Cool cookies on the pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Move the parchment or silpat sheets of cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love our Galactic Mint Brownies!