Oh, this is going to be a good day! You’re going to want to twirl and tap a tap tap!
Today’s the day we make Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies! Can you handle it?
Prepare to be amazed by our fantastic peanut butter cookies, dipped in chocolate and, if desired, covered in toasted coconut or festive holiday sprinkles!!
The Lunchbox Season's Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla [optional]
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- sprinkles toasted coconut, chopped peanuts, nonpareils, or toffee bits
- With the racks placed in the center, preheat the oven to 350.
- Place 1 1/4 cup of the flour in a small bowl, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to the small bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup of butter, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 3/4 cup brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 1 egg and, if desired, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until it combines into a pliable dough.
- [If your dough looks and feels too soft to roll into small balls, add up to 1/4 cup additional flour to the dough. If it's a hot day or of you are nervous about consistency, refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before proceeding.]
- Spoon the dough out of the bowl by the tablespoonful.
- Roll each tablespoonful of dough into a ball and place on parchment lined pans.
- Using a fork, press the dough balls down in a criss-cross pattern [one set of tine marks going vertically and one, horizontally]. The cookies should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 18-20 minutes on the oven's centre rack.
- At this point, the cookies will break easily. Gently slide the cookies on their parchment onto wire racks and cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a high-heat glass bowl over a pot of boiling water or in bursts of medium power in a microwave.
- Hold the cookie over the bowl of chocolate and spoon melted chocolate onto half of the cookie.
- Lay the cookie on a parchment lined pan and, if desired, sprinkle the chocolate-dipped portion of your cookie with chopped peanuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, toasted coconut or toffee bits.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on parchment sheets or on waxed paper. You can refrigerate them on their pans to speed the process.