Play Holiday Floor Scramble and Christmas Clue, Revive the Holiday Shadow-Puppet Theatre and Make Butterbeer Blondies
Today, we are revisiting ALL of the homemade classics.
We’ll get out our Holiday Shadow Puppet Theatre and Christmas Shadow Puppets and improvise a new story!
And we’ll make everybody’s favourite Butterbeer Blondies!
Here’s a re-print of the recipe…
Butter Beer Blondies
- 1 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 egg whisked slightly
- OPTIONAL: 2 tsp rum or cognac
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c butterscotch chips*
- 1/2 c toffee bits or crushed Heath/Scor bars**The above butterscotch chips and toffee bits may be substituted with 1 c chocolate chips if you're in a jam
- Optional: Whipped Cream & a dash of yellow food colouring for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray an 8×8 in baking pan with baking spray or grease with a butter wrapper. You might also line it with a gently buttered square of parchment.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat.
- When the mixture is smooth, set aside and cool for a few minutes. [Transfer to a different bowl if you are in a hurry.]
- Add egg, optional alcohol, and vanilla and stir until just combined.
- Stir flour, chips, and toffee into the batter.
- Spread batter into the pan.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a butter knife or wooden skewer in the centre comes out fairly clean, barring the melted chips. Note: The Blondies will still be gooey!
- After 15 minutes of cooling, slice the blondies in the pan. Again, the Blondies will still be gooey, but they’ll firm up over time.
- Continue to cool for at least another 20 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm and gooey or cooled completely and firm.
- OPTIONAL: For a “foamy look,” add a dollop of fresh whipped cream mixed with slight a tint of yellow colouring if so desired.