Throw-Back Thursdays are a new addition to our Advent Calendar this year.
On Thursdays, we’ll be revitalizing holiday crafts and treats from the Archives.
Draw Fresh Blueprints of Santa’s Workshop and Make our Famous Santa Baby Cookies
In 2012, we made Blueprints of our own house to send to Santa, and in 2011, we tried to imagine and draw Santa’s workshop.
Today, we’ll get out some coloured pens and get to work plotting out what we imagine Santa’s workshop might look like in 2014!
[I’ll post the results below as they become available.]
And to munch on along the way, we’ll Make Our Famous Santa Baby Cookies, from Advent 2011.
Mama’s Famous “Santa Baby” Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c oats
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 – 1 c toffee bits OR 4 Skor Bars, crushed
- 1 c flaked coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 c chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350f.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Separately, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Separately, mix chocolate chips, toffee bits, oatmeal, coconut and pecans.
- Add these mixins to the cookie batter, mixing first by machine, then, fully incorporating with spatula.
- This dough is very stiff and bursting with mixins.
- Drop 1-2 tbs of dough 2 inches apart on parchment or silpat-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.