It’s the first of our Advent Make-Ahead Mondays!
Each Monday in Advent, we’ll be getting something ready to give as a gift to family, neigbours, and friends.
Today, we’ll be making small bottles of Vanilla Extract and Simple Syrup.
First up is our awesome vanilla extract:
Here’s the DIY!
The Lunchbox Season’s Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Beans
- Bourbon or Vodka
- Slice open 2 vanilla beans for every 2 oz of alcohol.
- Cut beans in half if necessary to fit into the bottles.
- Place beans in airtight bottles.
- Funnel alcohol into bottles.
- Seal tightly and let sit for 4-6 weeks before using.
Next up is our oh-so-easy Simple Syrup:
Here’s the DIY:
DIY Simple Syrup
- 1 part water
- 2 parts sugar
- Boil water
- Add sugar and boil until sugar dissolves completely.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and thicken.
- Place in a jar or bottle.
And here are a few simple ways to give them…
Want some printable graphics for your labels or jars? We’ve got those, too!