We knew it would come to this, eventually.
You know, Mondays. You know, stuff….
It always does…
The Lunchbox Season's Caramel Apples
- Dowels chopsticks or popsicle sticks
- 6-8 medium apples
- 1 3/4 c cream
- 2/3 c corn syrup
- 2 c brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional: Chopped nuts or candy pretzel or cookie bits
- Place sticks in clean, dry apples and set aside on silpat or parchment.
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat slightly and stir until a candy thermometer reaches 246F.
- Remove from heat and stir caramel as it cools very slightly.
- Dip apples in hot caramel to your liking.
- Roll in nuts or toppings if desired.
- [Or cool 5-10 minute and then roll in toppings...it's up to you!]
- Cool caramel apples in refrigerator.
- [Or cool on the counter if there's no room in the fridge.]
- After about 10 minutes, feel free to smush any caramel that has pooled below the apple up against the sides of the apple.
- EAT! EAT! EAT! EAT! EAT!