The kids are really into BLTs. I’ve been trying to convince them to “upgrade” their BLTs by introducing a bit of apple and cheese into the mix. How did I tempt them to do this? By matching novelty with novelty.
Okay, so you’ve probably seen this already…but it’s news to us…a lattice o’ bacon made to suit your glorious square sandwich!
Or, if you go grain-free or paleo, a bacon lattice you can use as the sandwich”bread” itself!!
My stars, my stars, we are fainting!
And, hey alternative-lovers, you can do this with turkey bacon or veggie bacon, too!
So, just in case you’ve been in the dark on this one longer than us, here’s the 411 for a basic bacon lattice!
Sandwich-Sized Bacon Lattice
- 3 strips of bacon per lattice
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Take 3 strips of bacon and slice each strip in equal halves.
- Weave the 6 half-strips into a tight lattice on the foil-lined tray.
- Place the tray in a cold oven.
- Set the oven to bake at 400F.
- Bake bacon for 10 minutes
- Flip your lattice and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain on a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Serve on a sandwich or AS the sandwich "bread."