It’s been a long time since we’ve posted a weekly treat for the lunchboxes! So, here goes….a softer-than-ever ginger cookie whose sugar coating twinkles in the emerging light of spring!
Soft Sparkly Ginger Cookies
- 4 c all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 c butter room temperature
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar or more brown
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 c molasses
- 1/2 - 1 c white sugar for the sparkly coating
- Heat oven to 350.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and molasses and blend until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture .5 c at a time.
- No need to refrigerate this ginger cookie dough!
- With a small ice-cream scoop or tablespoon, form dough into balls.
- Dip balls into a bowl of sugar to coat all over.
- Place the cookies onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, max.
- Cookies will still be soft to the touch when you pull them out.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store cookies in a tin or airtight container.